A couple of days I was nominated for Liebster Awards by Becca from Bee Sweet Surrender! What is Liebster Awards? Its…
“The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.”
It was incredibly sweet of Becca to include me, especially since I was didn’t think many people followed my blog. Liebster Award is an award by bloggers given to other bloggers. There are a few qualifications:
- The award is given by bloggers to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.
- Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set you.
- Choose eleven new bloggers to pass the award to, and link them in your post.
- Create eleven new questions for the chosen bloggers.
- Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- Each blogger should post eleven random facts about themselves.
The questions I was asked are:
1) What’s the craziest combination of food you have ever attempted to blend together?
I don’t think I’ve ever done anything drastic, but I recently made cheesecake flan which turned out to be a heavy flan or a light cheesecake. I was delighted that it actually worked out so well.
2) What is your favorite book?
This one is tough. I’ve been reading a lot of novels recently, but I think my favorites are the Divergent trilogy (the 3rd book comes out October – I can’t wait!), and the Fever series.
3) If you could change one thing about your life right now, what would it be?
I’d commandeer my baking class’s equipment and bring it with me to Chicago! Its everything any baker would need in their kitchen.
4) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you chose?
Probably some smaller city in France. I love French cuisine, and it would be awesome to experience it firsthand for a couple of months I think. People say Paris is not a very friendly city, so I don’t think I’d like it there.
5) What’s one life lesson you’ve learned/experience that you think is worth passing along?
Stay away from recipes that call for flour in volume. I’ve always had a lot of trouble making those recipes to begin with, and even if it were successful it would be hard to replicate. Also, CHOOSE YOUR RECIPES WISELY! There has been too many moments where failure could have been avoided if I was more careful.
6) What’s something you hope to accomplish this year?
Becoming a better cook and baker!
7) Favorite nail polish color?
I have this amazing China Glaze nail polish called Sweet Hook, and its this light purple/lilac color.
8) If you could pick one food to not have any calories and therefor you could eat it endlessly… what would it be?
I think it will be mochi, especially warabimochi. I love the texture of it, although generic mochi is also very good!
9) When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?
Haha, apparently when I was in kindergarten I wanted to own my own business (which I don’t remember), but in elementary school I wanted to be a teacher because I thought that was the ticket to letting me order kiddos around. I was a very bossy child (perhaps still am?).
10) Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Oh my, I don’t know. I guess Vivian Leigh, since I was named after her. Plus she’s classy and gorgeous.
11) Would you pick a truth or a dare?
Dare! What’s the fun in truth ;D
11 fun facts about me:
- I didn’t know how to bake ANYTHING until Fall semester of my Junior year (~2 years ago)
- I speak 3 languages: English, Chinese, and Japanese
- I’m heading to Chicago for culinary school starting this August
- I’m not very fond of Taiwanese cuisine, although the way I cook is very much influenced by it
- My music genre of choice is metal, although I am starting to listen to more electronic music (dubstep/glitch/interesting things)
- I will eat almost everything other than bitter melon and maybe frogs or insects.
- Despite being from Taiwan, that’s the only country I’ve been in in Asia.
- While most people check the news during their morning routine, I check “food news,” which consists of Serious Eats, Saveur, Food Republic, and various blogs that I like following
- I’m running out of things to say. My favorite color is purple?
- I like watching people play video games than playing it myself.
- I don’t really have a favorite food. What I want to eat depends on my mood in that moment.
And now the blogs I choose for this award:
That isn’t even close to 11, I know, but I don’t follow too many blogs. I’m also not sure if they have more than 200 followers, but oh well.
My questions to bloggers:
- What is your favorite dish to eat, and your favorite dish to make?
- What are your favorite restaurants?
- What is a food/dish that you think EVERYONE should try at least once in their lives?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- What are your dreams?
- What made you start baking/cooking?
- What is your job in real life, and do would you want to change that?
- What is the biggest failure that has happened in your kitchen? And the biggest success?
- What are you excited for?
- Where is one place you would like to visit and why?
- If you could eat anything right now, what would it be?