I made this dish a few weeks ago. I really liked it, so I decided to share it with you guys =)
Original recipe from: Sweet On You
- 1 lbs of shrimp (about 40)
- 2 white onions, diced
- 2 red or orange bell peppers
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (or pasta sauce lol)
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Defrost the shrimp (if it was frozen) and season it with salt and pepper. Let it sit while you cut up the vegetables.
- Dice the onions, bell peppers, celery, tomatoes, and garlic.
- Heat oil on a frying pan, and fry the shrimps until pink, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the garlic, onions, and pepper to the pan and fry until translucent.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes (I used pasta sauce), tomatoes, and bay leaf into the pan. Add also about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water as well. Leave to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the shrimps back, and let it warm for about 3 minutes. Serve! =)